Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Everything Happens For A Reason!

          In high school if someone had told me, "When you are 21 you will be eating healthy, using homemade natural products for just about everything, and you will have purged your house of all store bought medication."  I would have told you that you were out of your dang mind!  But that's now my reality.

          It is astounding the changes that I have made in my life.  I used to be the go to girl for medication.  Excedrin was my best friend because I constantly get migraines.  I never thought I would throw a bottle of Excedrin away.  But that is exactly what I did last night.  I have only been into the essential oil world for a few weeks now and I am head over heels in love with it!  Why use man-made drugs when God has provided all the medicine you need in the Earth?  I'm just astounded and in awe of everything essential oils can do. 

          I was recently officially diagnosed with PCOS.  Many people told me how sorry they were, but I can not express how overjoyed I am to just be able to know what is going wrong and knowing I can be proactive by using essential oils and being healthy enough to still be able to get pregnant.  My heart breaks for women that have unexplained infertility.  The burden of not knowing what is wrong is terrifying and those are the women I really look up to.  Because they are fighting such an incredible battle and they don't even know what they are fighting against.  Such brave, strong women.

          Before I even considered the fact that I could have PCOS, I started the paleo diet just to lose weight.  I eventually fell in love with it and decided to make a permanent lifestyle change.  There is no way this wasn't God working in my life.  I am not one to stick to a diet.  Especially considering how tough paleo is known to be.  But I find it very easy.  Thank goodness I do, because the paleo diet is almost identical to the diet for PCOS.  If I hadn't already been on paleo I feel this would have been an extremely hard change for me.  It would have meant giving up things I love for an illness.  But that's not how I felt.  Because I am on paleo it was almost just like any other day for me.  I did not have to change a thing.  How awesome is our God that He was able to change the outcome of my emotional response just by putting the will to do paleo in my life? SO AWESOME! =]

        As I sit here thinking about who I am and who I used to be I don't regret a thing.  I don't regret the horribly unhealthy food and medicine I put in my body daily.  I don't regret the bad habits.  I don't regret the mistakes or the hard times.  Without them I wouldn't be me and I wouldn't have come so far.  I am proud of everything I am now and I am thankful for the trials in my life to help me get to this point. 

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog!! God has truly blessed you in a wonderful way! God has truly blessed me and your dad by allowing us to have you!! I love u so very much and I'm so thankful that Only God brought all of us through all our trials!! We do have an amazing Father In Heaven!! Your Nonnie would be so very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete