Saturday, January 18, 2014

Transforming my Life!

The last couple of years I've been slowly getting into making my own cleaning and beauty products.  The goal is to not have to use any products in my house with gross chemicals.  This year I've decided I'm going to really kick it into gear and go all out to transforming my life to a natural and healthy lifestyle! 

Two days ago I started oil pulling with coconut oil and my teeth feel just as clean if not cleaner than when I used toothpaste.  This is incredible!  I'm anxious to see the results as the weeks go by!  It is kind of hard to get used to the texture of the oil but it only takes about 30 seconds for it to melt then I shower while I swish it around in my mouth and I don't really notice it after the first few minutes.  I've been taking daily photos so I'm going to eventually make a collage to see the progression.  =]


Today, I officially went the "no 'poo" route!  This means that I have cut shampoo out of my life for good!  The chemicals in hair care products are out of control!  Besides, natural products work so much better!  I'm now washing my hair with baking soda and using apple cider vinegar for conditioner.  I'm extremely excited to see my hair retain some of those natural oils it needs to be healthy that shampoo washes away!

These two things were big steps for me!  My next step is to make my own deoderant and make-up! 

Currently, my natural homemade products and routines include:
-Oil pulling with coconut oil
-The "no 'poo" method of cleansing my hair
-laundry detergent
-cleaning products
-bath scrub
-facial cleanser


That list needs to be longer, but I'm so proud of myself for making these changes in my life!  I encourage you to do the same.  The sense of accomplishment and pride in creating your own products from natural resources is an incredible feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment